Tuesday 2 August 2016

What Next?

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been active for a while. Truth is, I've been stressing out over what may happen with my right wrist - the wrist with the confirmed CRPS.

I had a hospital appointment a few weeks ago, in regards to the CRPS. The consultant was not happy with my reaction to the Nortriptyline. I have been sleeping for several hours longer than expected which has resulted in me almost missing some very important appointments. Including the hospital appointment in which I saw the consultant.

He was not happy with me being on antidepressants, and I have an upcoming appointment with another consultant to discuss what can be done next. The idea that has been proposed is that I have an injection in the back of my hand. The injection should numb feeling in the smaller nerves (possibly nerve-endings) in my hand and my wrist. If this proves to be successful, I will undergo surgery to actually remove the nerves/nerve endings from my wrist.

This is a very scary prospect for me, as I am terrified of hospitals, The idea of actually removing nerves/nerve endings permanently has me very worried. A lot could wrong, but it could also do me a massive favour.

My next appointment is in just over two weeks, and when I know what is happening I will write another post.

Thank you for reading my blog. If you are interested in finding out more about CRPS, then I have provided some links below:

According to www.nhs.co.uk: Complex Regional Pain Syndrome is a poorly understood condition in which a person experiences persistent severe and debilitating pain. Up to 1 in 3,800 people develop CRPS in the UK each year.

According to www.burningnightscrps.org: CRPS occurs when both the nervous system and immune system malfunction as they respond to any tissue damage from trauma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment